At Mott Hall V we expect our students to make the appropriate choices that will ensure success in all areas. Individuals are responsible for their own success and failure, which is determined by your daily choices. Please observe the following behavior and adhere to the more specific rules in the Student’s Behavior Contract given to you at the beginning of each school year.
· Be polite to everyone and observe good manners.
· Be alert and attentive to learning opportunities.
· Be prepared for class by bringing all necessary books and materials with you.
· Adhere to Mott Hall V Dress Code
· Wear the school uniform proudly.
· Arrive on time and ready to learn.
· Move around the school in an orderly and respectful manner.
· Be considerate of the school, its classrooms and the school community by keeping our space clean, organized and quiet.
· Welcome visitors and show them why our school is a special place for learning.
Please be aware:
1. The following items are not permitted on school grounds:
§ Electronic Devices
§ Illegal substances
§ Visible/audible cell phones or beepers
2. Soda, candy and gum are not allowed outside of the lunchroom
3. Students are not allowed out of the building without being signed out by a parent/guardian or his/her designee.
4. Students are expected to follow the basic rules of behavior which prohibit all forms of stealing, vandalism, dishonesty, cheating, plagiarism, cursing, littering, graffiti, bullying or destruction of school property on the way to school, while in school or on the way home.
MHV FALCON EXPECTATIONS
Mott Hall V perceives character development as an integral part of the middle school experience and work to nurture and promote the development of sound character. The elements of sound character that the school has identified as central to a person's life and to our life as a community are:
Mott Hall V Students need to BE
Stay on Task and participate
Ask Clarify Questions
Use appropriate language and behavior
Be proactice, play a role in your learning
Repect personal space
Respect each others feelings
Use words that build up and not tear down
Repect each other differences
Don't judge, try to understans
Listen with your ears and mind
"Do the right thing when no one is watching"
Share your thoughts respectfullt without ridicule or fear
Speak up for what's right
Promote a safe learning environment for everyone
This way the students of MHV can FLY like a FALCON